Where am I?
I thought I would give a status of where I am in the localization process:
- I created a project on SourceForge.net (http://sourceforge.net/projects/localizepashtu/). Check it out and become a part of it!
- I defined some of the tasks that I believe need to be done (http://sourceforge.net/pm/?group_id=107760)
- I am in the process of determining what form of organization this project should take. My thoughts are some form of an association. What I want is something that could be recognized by the Afghan government, but not something that would require much reporting. I want this project to be organizationally easy to maintain. The reasons I want it to be recognized is:
- I want it to have the ability to operate closely with the Ministry of Higher Education, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Communications, the UN, and other relevant organizations.
- I want it to be able to sponsor consultants and others from the outside
- I want it to be able to receive some funding
- I want to have a mechanism for some accountability, especially when it comes to funding.
- I want it to be able to operate within some international organizations that would provide assistance